Airbus A380 Emergency Evacuation Test
Airbus successfully completed the passenger evacuation trial on development A380 MSN7, paving the way for the Authorities to certify the aircraft in time for delivery by the end of 2006. The trial was performed under the supervision of the European Aviation and Safety Agency EASA and a representation of the American FAA.
The main requirements for the evacuation drill are:
- 650 passengers taking part
- Lights will be out in cabin
- Half of exits will be closed
- Drill must feature 40% women, 35% people over 50
- Passengers will not be told which exits are in use
- Passengers must wear their seat belts
The video was posted on YouTube in 2007, but it still gives me goosebumps.
Video courtesy unknown although footage was part of the documentary ‘Worlds Biggest Airliner’ by Discovery Channel.